Have any of you ever taken a trip where you go to the airport and the plane stays grounded because of weather? You get all mad and want a voucher because they inconvenienced you. Well, I did not demand a voucher today.
This morning I woke up to a phone call that said I had 30 minutes to get myself ready to fly back to Paruima, and that I could only take 30 lbs of luggage. After waking my mother up at 5:30 in the morning her time, I only had 10 minutes left.
Then we got another phone call saying that we had 20 more minutes but we could only take 15 lbs. I decided to leave all my clothes and just to take a couple things I had bought in town back with me. We got the plane fueled, and the flight plan was filed at the airport, while watching the clouds blow in. We prayed for good weather, if it was God's will for us to fly out today. (We had a patient in a village close to ours that needed surgery; this is why we were flying, because usually we don't fly on Sabbath). But we decided that it really was not a good day to fly. So we headed back to the house. Our pilot had to delay our trip because of weather. As much as I wanted to head back to my village I was not disgruntled. I remembered Jeremiah 29:11, where it says that God has a hope and a future for us, not to harm us. Today I really saw that. God has a hope for us; therefore He didn't want us to get stuck in a storm. He has a future for us; He doesn't want us to end our work today. Therefore my Mighty Powerful God cancelled the flight today. I'm not demanding a voucher, but thanking my God that He let the pilot cancel the flight today to keep us safe.
We will be leaving tomorrow early in the morning to head back to Paruima. It has been good to be able to be on the internet, but I’m ready for the simple life again. To have an abundance of bananas again!! Ummm.
Until next time
(which hopefully will not be tomorrow) :)