Monday, November 10, 2008

Another quick note

Nov 6 08

Hey

James should be coming in today so I'm going to attempt to get an email out.

Since I just wrote you I'm not sure what to say. I've decided that I'm not a very good math teacher. and I've decided that you need to send one of our GP teachers here to be the principal. Or at least to help out!

It seems like these kids do not know how to be respectful. They tell you something and then they say "you hear?" and I don't know if it is just their culture or what, but it is very rude. I don't know how to get them to be respectful. They all call me Miss, and the guys Sir. but they do have a lack of respect. I don't know how to get respect, I'm so used to giving it. We need someone here who is older, that the kids will respect and do what they say. If James was here that is what they would do but as soon as he leaves everyone goes back to the old habits.

I still haven't gotten the mail from mama. If you are going to send Christmas stuff send it soon!

When James gets time we will work on the radio but who knows when that will be. He is so busy, did I tell you that he has like 3 leadership roles. His wife is coming tomorrow so hopefully that will help. She will always be here so that will be great.

Well I've got to go get the school moving.

love you all.

Karla

1 comment:

Fay said...

Hey Karla girl - it is wonderful to read of your adventures in Guyana. Tonight is the first time that we actually logged on to read your update and it was a recent post. It sounds as if you are still enjoying yourself tremendously and Jesus is using you to bless the Indian students of Guyana. About the respect- I agree that I think it is easier with some experience and at least a few grey hairs. Don't worry too much about it - it will come. Respect is better earned than commanded anyhow! Ken, my mom and I are currently in Fiji and have almost completed a month here. The time has gone fast - but the pace here is definitely not fast! Quite a bit of time for reading, relaxing and even napping. We have toured most of the places where Ken has been when he comes here and have validated that he actually is industrious when he is not in Canada! We go back to Canada in a few days, but Ken will stay until the middle of December. I know that I would have felt very isolated from our girlies if it had not been for a laptop and an internet connection so I can appreciate your desire for communication from the outside world.
We will continue to pray for you and ask for God's grace and mercy to sustain you and give you strength while you are working for Him.
We love you and look forward to your next update.
Take care,
Ken & Fay C