James taking a photo of Mr and Mrs Gates and the students on a boat ride down the river.It has rained the last four days. Mostly just at night. All night. It flooded in the village and the river rose 60 + feet. It started to flood the airstrip. I haven’t seen it but I imagine that it went 30 feet into the airstrip. The plane can still land but not take off. James needs to make two trips when he gets his inspection over with. So hopefully it will be dry enough for him to take off the second time (if you get this then it was dry enough).
I had the best Thanksgiving in my life this year. Ok, so it had nothing to do with it being Thanksgiving but more my walk with God. I had prayed on Wednesday that God would work a miracle in getting the plane inspected in one day. I knew that this was something that only God could do, b/c Guyanese inspections take 3 + days. But I knew from the other part of the week that God had been using this time in the school year to grow us, as staff, To really rely on God for strength. Never before has the verse that says that “those who wait on the Lord ...will renew their strength” meant so much to me. It hurt but I knew that God was using these trials to grow me like never before. And I knew that if God didn’t perform this miracle that He had something better in store for me. And I felt completely at peace about whatever God decided to do. Well I didn’t get my miracle, but that was fine. I want to grow in God more and more. Running almost out of food has been quite a “growing” experience.

1 comment:
Karla! I miss u! It sounds like u r having a good time over there and I bet that ur getting an amazing blessing as well as being a blessing. Love u girl!
Amanda Chase
Post a Comment