Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'd like to stay longer

Byron chipped a tooth on a guava seed and had to go to GT to get it repaired. I did not want him to go and leave us all alone with just Steve. But James has been here and I'm so glad. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be but I'll be glad when he is back. I think Steve will be even more glad. The girls are so funny. Some of them have commented many times how they miss Byron and want him to come back. I'm not sure if they have crushes on him or if they are just having fun. Probably all of the above.

Actually it was probably good that Byron had to go to GT; that way he could buy some stuff for us. Like a water filter for our mission trip. We are blessed here at school with water from the mountain, but Joy doesn't want us to drink the river water. And the mission trip is not the time to be getting parasites.

David Gates flew through Guyana last week, but he didn't stop into see us. He is flying a plane down to Bolivia and then will be flying commercially back to the US.

So what does everybody think about me staying until the end of June? How about if you all came out here and helped build a new kitchen. I do not want to leave next year’s staff with this kitchen that is about to fall apart. Besides being about to fall over causes so much temptation to the kids. When the dry season comes we can go get boards, and then we can be more prepared to rebuild.

If anybody asked how they could send money for the school hook them up with GMI, like the way Mama sent money. Joy said how she wants me to go to Gladstone Campmeeting and meet their donors for them and recruit more. Not sure if I want to go to Gladstone though.

James and Joy won't be at DIIC next year. They have decided that they can't fly and be the principal. So this school has NO returning staff next year, not even a principal that comes and goes. But God has a plan! We just can't see it quite yet. There are many people who will come as soon as their house sells.

No comments: