Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The school year is winding down

In the last couple of months left you have all anxiously been awaiting my arrival home. But I hope that these last few days go by really slow. We have so much to do before graduation. We have about 3 more weeks of school left.

Then we will be going on a mission trip, and then back to take our final exams and graduation. It is going to go by so fast. I'm looking forward to coming home, but I want to stay here longer! And now more than ever we need your prayers for our school as we finish the school year and plan graduation.

I ask that you will pray for our mission trip: that the kids will be ready to serve the village we are going to visit and that they will behave themselves, and that the weather will be good enough to travel. We are planning on leaving here on April 14 and coming back at the end of the month. This is dry season which we need, but we are supposedly in dry season now and it has rained lots for the last 2 weeks. In the past God has always worked out the weather for this school's mission trips and I know that He will answer our prayers for this trip as well.

I have an interesting answer to prayer that I'd like to share. Yesterday at church the AY (the afternoon program for Adventist Youth) leader asked us (DIIC) to sing a song at AY that evening. We don't have a choir going and we have just barely started learning songs for our mission trip. We had no time to practice before AY because some the kids went home for the afternoon.

When we got to the church before AY we sat down in the soccer field and practiced once. I knew we were not ready but at the end we prayed that God would bless and went into the program. When we got up to sing, the rain started. We began and the rain kept getting worse. Now the roof on the church is made of zinc and whenever it rains you can't hear anything, and when it pours you can hear even less. Well we tried to sing as loud as possible and at the end I was talking to James about it and he was like "God answers prayers in amazing ways. I didn't hear any mistakes, did you?" What an awesome God we serve, He even blesses those who don't have time to practice!




Here is my spaghetti squash and an okra plant!


Here is a picture of me after I picked a coconut!

No comments: