Monday, May 11, 2009

Maria packs to leave


7 May, Thursday
7:33
I sit here in the staff room during study hall trying to decide whether to sleep or to write something in my blog. My desire to sleep is winning, but I just thought I’d let you know that I thought about writing in my blog. Maybe after a quick nap.

7:41
Ok, I can’t just lay here and do nothing. Oh how I want to.

I don’t even know where to start.

On Sunday this week, the boys found a baby birdie. It was all round and looked like a hair ball. They gave it to Maria and Jackin named it "Jackita". It eats bananas and nothing else. Maria feeds it with tweezers. It’s a pretty bird. It has a yellow chest. It’s getting big now and can fly little bit. She has always come back, but someday she will fly away and not come back. I just hope she sticks around until closer to when Maria leaves.

I think reality really hit for Maria today, and a little bit for me. James told her that she had to get a suitcase ready to fly out tomorrow. But she’s not leaving for another week and a half! She doesn’t fly out until the 24th! But she is now in the dorm packing a suitcase. I’m so glad I don’t have to do that now. I don’t know what I’d pack. I’m sure I’ll pack in Paruima and then again in GT and still forget something.

Today I taught my last class for the industrial students. School is ending; we basically have one week left, but the sad thing is that I’m not done teaching. In fact I don’t know when I’ll be done teaching because I leave Guyana on June 4 and the secondary school will not be done by then. Secondary schools in Guyana go until the end of June. But who will teach these students? Maria teaches two subjects and she is leaving soon, Byron teaches one subject and he leaves in 2 weeks. We just have to keep trusting in God that he will provide a teacher for these students. And trust their education with Him. And the future of the secondary school here in Paruima.

Well now I think I’ll go back to doing nothing for the last 15 minutes left of study hall. I have pictures to send but I’m not sure I’ll get them tonight, because I don’t have them on this computer.

Until next time.

Karla

No comments: