Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas break coming to DIIC

December 4, 2008
I was wearing my Orange skirt that Mama made me and I found a message written on it for me! It said I love Karla!! I don’t know how long I’ve been wearing this skirt and just found it. Thanks. It was a nice surprise.

(Note from Karla's mother: I sewed this message into the skirt with my sewing machine.)

I’ve been keeping Psalms 126:5, 6 very close to me. It is very encouraging.  5 Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy. 6 He who continually goes forth weeping, Bearing seed for sowing, Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, Bringing his sheaves with him. NKJV

Also Is 40: last five verses. 26 Lift up your eyes on high, And see who has created these things,   Who brings out their host by number;  He calls them all by name, By the greatness of His might And the strength of His power; Not one is missing. 27 Why do you say, O Jacob, And speak, O Israel: “My way is hidden from the LORD, And my just claim is passed over by my God”? 28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, The Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. 29 He gives power to the weak,And to those who have no might He increases strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

Christmas break is soon upon us. As a teacher I realize how quickly the break comes more than when I am a student. The transportation going home for Christmas break is complicated. James flies all the students here at the beginning of the year, and he can’t afford to fly them all home for Christmas so they have to find their own transportation. I’m trying to get them all home. I can at least get all but 3 home, hopefully.

We are hoping to have the motor bike fixed before Christmas so we can go around on it during the break. But we have had the parts on order since we arrived.

Well I’ve got to go to the air strip and get this off.

Love you all
Karla

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karla . . . sure am enjoying your blog! You inspire me! Have a very Merry Christmas. You can know you are remembered in a very special way this holiday season. Take care! Love, Linda Barnes

Sara said...

Karla! I miss you:) Hope your Christmas is amazing... Take care of yourself!