After four months of living in the jungle I’m beginning to feel a little technologically ignorant. I’ve been looking at my blog and marveling how wonderful it is. I provide the words and the pictures, but it is all because of my amazing graphically inclined sister that makes it all come together and look so great. It’s a good thing I don’t have Internet in the jungle otherwise I would not have such a good looking blog! But here I am in Georgetown with Internet and since my amazing sister is still sleeping peacefully back home 4 hours behind me I’m going to see if I can figure out how to add a post to my blog all by myself (scary).
So much has happened since September. I have seen God working in so many ways. I’ve had many bad days, but so many great days that I have never had before. Coming to Georgetown where life is busy, hectic and dirty, I keep telling myself how much I love Paruima. In Paruima you can look up at the sky and see the beautiful sky, and only a couple buildings. In Paruima you can walk in the puddles because it is clean rain water mixed with dirt (unlike GT where it is trash and who knows what else in the water). In Paruima you can hear yourself think. In Paruima life is so much simpler and less complicated. I miss Paruima.
The pilot kept wanting to take me out of Paruima every time he came to take the staff out. But I kept telling him that he should take someone else instead of me. I did not want to go to GT.
Although I do not like GT, I’m enjoying talking to friends and family back home. I miss you all and wish I could see you. But I’m also missing all my girls and students back at DIIC. The house that I’m staying at in GT has Internet so I’m on a lot ( I have to make up for the last 4 months), so write me or call me on skype (kariac) I’d love to hear from you.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Karla,
it seems both of us love Paruima so much!!! I am happy to know you love the jungle. Hope to be able to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment