We are getting ready for our mission trip. I do not like being in charge. I wish James didn't have a plane so that he could just be here. I wish I was not in charge. Things are really busy getting ready for mission trip. And I can’t imagine that I’ll have time to write while we are gone.
I bought a warashi (war she). I’m going to see if I can get Joy to send you a picture. It’s cool, my first authentic Guyanese souvenir.


I’m anxious to come home, but I’m also anxious to stay here. But I’m enjoying every moment that I have here.
The kids all make fun of me, they say I’m getting thin, and not eating enough. It’s so bad, I come here and lose 20lbs or more and they gain it all. Almost all the girls are much bigger than they were when they got here.
Can you carefully tell Mama something for me? Miss Maria has been running into snakes a lot lately. I think she needs my mother to pray that she won’t see snakes. Because I never see snakes. I have never once come across a live snake. I have seen them when they are dead, but Maria finds at least one every day. Don’t make mama scared for me, but if you can kinda get her to pray for Maria as well, I think that would do wonders! Because I know that my mother is praying for me, and I’m pretty sure she is praying that the snakes stay away from me. Maria’s mom prays for her too but it’s not working as well!
The other morning it was 65 degrees F. I was freezing. I couldn’t put enough clothes on. I was fine in bed but outside I was COLD. And today inside the building it was about 83, but outside in indirect sun it was 100 degrees. But it is nice because we don’t have AC that freezes us out when we are inside!
I wish our farm was producing more food. If I had started planting when I first got here, it would be great, but I didn’t. I didn’t really start planting until right before Christmas, and that is too late. But what I do like about planting here is you can plant whenever, and not have to worry about frost. In our garden at home I want to have zucchini, and asparagus, and tomatoes, and bell peppers, and cassava, and dashin, edos, Okra! Corn, beets.
Ok well I better get to worship.
Love you,
Please write back as soon as you can.

No comments:
Post a Comment