Thursday, April 9, 2009

Exciting Weekend

I’ve had quite an exciting weekend. It all started at 4:00AM on Friday morning. A girl came and woke me up and said that someone was trying to climb into her room. At first I was confused. Then I was thinking to myself “those boys are going to be digging holes all day tomorrow.” But when I went outside and shined my light on them, I realized that it was one village boy. How can I punish a village boy? Well I asked him to leave and after quite awhile he left. I couldn’t tell if he was drunk, but he must have been drunk. The thing that bothers me the most is that he was not scared of me. He was not ashamed of my presence. He did not flee once he knew that we knew he was trying to get into the building. Well, that woke me up! I walked around the building for a little bit and then rested until worship. After dorm worship I took a walk into the village and reported our little incident to the police, who had also been drinking. But they took down my story and they went and talked to the boy that had come to our campus.

Friday I made so many trips to the village.  First to the police, then I went to call James so that he knew what we needed for his flight, and then I went back in to pick up one of my girls. But it was quite amazing, I was so full of energy after being so rudely awakened early, and walking to the village so often. I ran to the village every time.

Sabbath DIIC took Sabbath School, and AY. Byron and I planned Sabbath School Friday night in a rush. We had talked about it before but we hadn’t done anything or figured out the texts or the order of the program. But we had the things down quickly, and we said some prayers, and Sabbath morning God came through. The church said that they had never had such a good Sabbath School. PRAISE THE LORD! It was so not us.  (We hadn’t planned the Sabbath school, because Byron had gotten sick during the week and I was working on AY.) AY came around and the kids did well. We used the PF Sabbath program about the Pioneers. It was good, the kids read too fast, but it was good.

I’m so glad that this Sabbath is over and that God blessed our efforts; our well laid plans and our spur of the moment plans.

Now we have one week before mission trip. And so much to do. So much to plan and stuff to get from GT. Please pray for us as we prepare and as we hike there, and as we serve this other village.

No comments: